Sammen hjælper vi hinanden
med at gøre patienterne endnu gladere
Splint Therapy - Digital Hands-on Course
Which, When and Why? And How to Fabricate a Precision Diagnostic Splint
In this hands on program Dr. Ian Buckle and Dr. Chris Dakin will describe and demonstrate the different types of splints available and when and how to use them. He will discuss which factors are important in deciding how to use these effectively in daily practice and give an overview of the examination and differential diagnosis needed to make a decision regarding the appropriate role of splint therapy for each problem.
Each participant will have the opportunity to fabricate a simple diagnostic splint.
Participants will be shown how to use information from the patient’s history and examination to make a decision about which splint is most appropriate and how to use information from the patient’s history and examination to make a decision about which splint is most appropriate and how to use the splint.
After this program you will:
- understand the main types and designs of occlusal splints
- appreciate the appropriate use of each splint
- understand the common problems that can be treated with occlusal splint therapy.
- Learn how to design and fabricate midpoint and full coverage splints
- Understand how to fit and adjust both midpoint and full coverage splints
- A splint will be constructed for each delegate which will be fitted and adjusted during the course ( provided scans or models are provided by the delegate when requested)
- Each delegate will have the opportunity to try out 3shape splint studio. Other softwares will be discussed
- 3d printing will be demonstrated
Dr. Ian Buckle
Dr. Chris Dakin